My Machine

My Machine
My fourth and current "ride" is a 2002 BMW 1150GS. My first bike was a kawasaki kx80 that I got when I was 12 years old.I rode that around the neighborhood until it died than bought a honda xl350 when I was 16 and rode that until "finished" than went onto the Kawasaki KLR 650 which I had for 10 years and thru my first trip to Asia.

Equipment Lists

  • Garmin Zumo 550 GPS
  • Jessie,Rear Compartment Box
  • Jessie,Odyssey Pannier System
  • Throttle Meister Cruise Control
  • BMW Tank Bag
  • Skid Plates
  • Hand Guards
  • BMW Crash Bars
  • BMW Adventure Fog Lights

Blog Archive

Friday, March 27, 2009

My Garmin Zumo 550 at night. Its been very helpful traveling with this GPS. The Zumo was designed specifically for the motorcyclist. Its waterproof, vibration proof, has a big bright screen and touch screen controls that can be activated with gloved fingers. It has many features such as a fuel calculator, compass, elevation, trip data etc. Its also an mp3 player and I can hook up a mobile phone thru the unit and rout it to helmet speakers via bluetooth.
But theres no substitute for an old fashioned map. You need both for a quick and accurate portayal of your location and destination.

No comments: