My Machine

My Machine
My fourth and current "ride" is a 2002 BMW 1150GS. My first bike was a kawasaki kx80 that I got when I was 12 years old.I rode that around the neighborhood until it died than bought a honda xl350 when I was 16 and rode that until "finished" than went onto the Kawasaki KLR 650 which I had for 10 years and thru my first trip to Asia.

Equipment Lists

  • Garmin Zumo 550 GPS
  • Jessie,Rear Compartment Box
  • Jessie,Odyssey Pannier System
  • Throttle Meister Cruise Control
  • BMW Tank Bag
  • Skid Plates
  • Hand Guards
  • BMW Crash Bars
  • BMW Adventure Fog Lights

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 26, 2009


Well I'm in Chang Rai now after a beautiful ride here from Chang Mai on route 118 thru the mountains and am staying at the Chat House. After riding around for 40 minutes, I asked an American Expat on a motobike where to stay. He led me to this place. ITS A BACK PACKER place and cost $9 a night with cable TV, air con and great food.

My room.


Chang Rai is like a very small version of Chang Mai. Many options for Treks to hill tribe villages, rafting etc. Its also very close to laos and many tourist use it as a jumping off point into laos. Its relaxed here and the people are very friendly.



I've logged 4200 miles so far. I go thru periods of intense homesickness, fatigue, excitement and joy. I wanted to go home a little early but my wife called the airlines who said nothing is available. I purchased my tickets using my air miles and got business class, which was wonderful. I don't think I want to scrap the return ticket and buy a new one just to go home early. I was gonna go into Laos but now am thinking I won't since I was there on motobike 9 years ago. I'm pretty sure its still the same. Instead, I may head down the east coast of Malaysia but I can't say for sure. My plans change daily and even hourly sometimes. Many times I don't know where I'm going until I'm on the road. Its a wonderful way to travel and the ultimate in Freedom.




Cocking fighting on the side of the road.





No comments: