- Secure Plane Tickets, got business class using miles this time. hehehe
- Researching bike transport. Sea or Air?
- Research Thai Customs procedure.
- Bike prep including major service, new tires plus spare tires, upgrade stock bmw tool kit.
- This time I installed a Garmin Zumo GPS.
- Secured many maps both electronic and paper.
- Research routes, POI's, places to go etc. A great source is www.gt-rider.com and horizonsunlimited.com, both motorcycle touring sites.
- Moto insurance.
- Also a first is EVAC insurance thru Medjetassist. If I get in a bad wreck, they will basically fly me home in their medically staffed jet.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy 2009. I was planning to return to South America to continue where I left off but decided to go back to South East Asia and explore more of Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. Cambodia especially fascinates me. From what I've read, it seems so third worldish, dirt roads, washed out bridges, river crossings, and dirt tracks through the jungle leading to forgotten temples. Not to mention landmines, malaria infested mosquitos and the Kmer Rouge. Sounds like an adventure to me. I've been planning for over 3 months, which is the most I've ever planned for a trip. So much to do.